Blood Donation Camp is a blessing in health industry. Also, it is a good deed by the people who arrange and participate. Many organisations and Blood banks these days conduct such camps. Therefore, for those who need a complete knowledge on this, we cover in detail all aspects of such camps. This is for better knowledge and understanding. Also, hope this leans you towards donating blood.
Blood Donation Camp :
Blood Donation Camp is a place where all the temporary medical arrangements are done in free to collect and store blood from those who are willing to donate it. This is then provided to the people in need.
Many organisations and NGO’s these days arrange such donation camps to help out the hospitals and blood banks. This in turn save lives of people who are in need. Also, facilities like arranging such camps are given to people who is interested in taking initiative for such cause. Also, donors may visit blood bank for donation.
There is shortage of blood in India compared to the donation v/s requirement ratio. Therefore, Government has launched many initiatives to promote the same. Also, there are many Government arranged Blood Donation Camp too. A lots of awareness is being created by Government as well as the NGO’s and Organisations. Therefore, lets look on some more aspects.
Eligibility to attain Blood Donation Camp :
Not everyone can donate blood. There are some eligibility parameters for the same. Also, this is to make sure that the donated blood should be useful to the receiver and no illness gets transferred with it. Therefore, the criteria’s are as follows :
- The donor must be fit and healthy.
- Donor should not be suffering from transmittable diseases
- Age must be 18–65 years old and weigh a minimum of 50 kg.
- Pulse rate- Between 50 and 100.
- Hemoglobin level minimum 12.5 g/dL.
- Body temperature- Should be normal
- 3 months gap needed between successive blood donations to attain Blood Donation Camp
Organisations Active in arranging Blood Donation Camp :
Following are the active organisations in this field.
- Rotary Blood Bank
- Indian Red Cross Society
- Blood Connect Foundation
- Khoon Organization
- Sankalp India Foundation
- Save Life India
- Also, Lions Blood Bank also arranges Blood Donation Camp
- Think Foundation
- Athar Blood Bank
- Ekam Nyaas
Step wise procedures are given below to remove all doubts in donors mind. This shall create awareness and encourage people to step forward and participate in such camps. the steps are as follows :
- Enrollment is done for free walk in donors.
- Donations take place in a clean and hygienic environment.
- Donors are lied on the bed and tested by the nurse before donation.
- Use of all sterile equipment is done to ensure safety of both donor as well as receiver.
- One unit blood is taken from the healthy donor which measures to 350 ml of blood.
- After donation provided with refreshments, which usually include a glucose drink, biscuits and fruits.
- Also, some organisations issue a certificate of appreciation to the donor. This encourages donor to re participate in Blood Donation Camp after 3 months.
- The donated blood volume is recovered within 24 hours. Also, the hemoglobin count returns to normal within two weeks.